Be flood prepared
Below are some helpful resources on how to prepare and plan for floods, and what to do to ensure your safety during and after a flood.
- Get Ready Queensland: let’s stay safe
- Queensland Fire and Emergency Services - If it’s flooded, forget it
- State Emergency Services – Be prepared
- Queensland Disaster Management Services
- CSIRO Floods
- Reducing vulnerability of buildings to flood damage
- Polygon’s The Essential Guide to Flood Planning & Preparation (UK guide)
- How to minimise flood damage in your home (Direct Line – UK guide)
Useful information can also be found at your local council or state/territory emergency service (SES) office or website.
View the Deepen the Conversation—Understanding Floods video