Geoscience Reference Collection-Exploration Data Centre
The Exploration Data Centre managed by the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy stores Queensland’s collection of geoscientific samples, data and information including:
- drill core and cuttings from government and company exploration programs
- rock/geochemical samples and petrographic thin sections from the Geological Survey of Queensland regional mapping and mineral occurrence studies
- geophysical data including raw and processed seismic data sepia sections and magnetic tapes
- company exploration reports.
Access to the collection
You can access online catalogues of the material held at the Exploration Data Centre:
- Queensland Digital Exploration Reports
- Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy geophysical surveys.
Researchers, mining/exploration industry representatives, geotechnical engineers and government officers can access drill core and cuttings upon prior arrangement.