Partner Up Queensland Regional Science and Innovation Network
The Partner Up Queensland (PUQ) Regional Science and Innovation Network is a state-wide approach to increasing science and innovation engagement in regional Queensland.
It aims to create a network of regional hubs to increase science and innovation capability across the state and to leverage Queensland’s collective strengths providing all Queenslanders the opportunity to engage with science and innovation in meaningful ways.
The Network will:
- enable individuals and community groups to participate in activities developed by the network hubs and by science and innovation champions within their local or regional communities
- have an engagement program developed by each hub, offering meaningful impact
- focus on best-practice science and innovation engagement activities, education and translation of research for local communities
- enable collaboration between various science stakeholders including government, researchers, industry experts, local businesses, education providers and Queensland community groups
- provide opportunities for skills development and establish local networks that will drive growth and development in the science sector and innovation economy throughout regional Queensland.
Three regional hubs have been established in Toowoomba, Gladstone and Cairns in the pilot offering of the Network in 2022.
Each regional hub was provided with funding of $70,000 over 12 months to employ a regional coordinator and to support events, activities and projects that encourage Queenslanders’ participation and awareness of science and innovation within their region.
Darling Downs and South West Queensland hub (Toowoomba)
- Led by Amaroo Environmental Education Centre and supported by Regional Development Australia, integrated STEM, the University of Southern Queensland and the Cobb & Co Museum
- Coordinator is Helen Woodland: 0476 260 570 (email@example.com)
- Available Tues-Thurs
- Inspiring Australia STEM Hub Darling Downs and South West Facebook channel
Central Queensland hub (Gladstone)
- Led by CQ University and supported by the Inspiring Australia STEM hub network, the Gladstone Connects team, Gladstone Regional Council, Australia Pacific LNG, Rio Tino, StartUp Gladstone, Boyne Island Environmental Education Centre and the Coastal Marine Ecosystem Research Centre
- Coordinator is Dr Cal Devney: 0427 976 203 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Available Mon-Thurs
- Partner Up Queensland Regional Science and Innovation Network CQ Region Facebook channel
Far North Queensland hub (Cairns)
- Led by James Cook University and supported by Cairns Regional Council, Gulf Savannah NRM, Y(E)P Entrepreneurship Facilitators Cairns, Regional Development Australia and Cairns Chamber of Commerce
- Coordinator is Mel Varoy: 0488 071 700 (email@example.com)
- Available Mon-Thurs
- Partner Up Queensland Regional Science and Innovation Network FNQ Region Facebook channel